Hey there, hello there, friends!
No snappy intro, let’s get right down to it. ;) It’s time I made some goals around here, don’tcha think?
I’ve been in kind of a “Oh my goodness, I’m turning 30 in 30 days (exactly) and I don’t have anything in my life figured out” phase. It doesn’t help that winter has been going on FOREVER here in Iowa (and probably anywhere in the Midwest). Seriously, just four days ago we had a snowstorm. I’m over it.
So, BRING ON SPRING and NEW GOALS!
Total side note – GIFs are pretty much my favorite thing in the world. If you have a good one, leave it in the comments!! :D
Okay, maybe nothing super new on the goal front… you know, the basic “let’s lose weight” is always on the forefront. :)
My internet buddy Dacia from My Roots to Grow posted a “Mother’s Day Challenge,” for anyone needing a little boost and support this season. After hosting my AdvoCare challenge last month, I was (and am) ready to be just another member of a group instead of the leader.
So here’s the gist: Dacia asked us to make 8 week goals (from this past Monday till Mother’s Day) and weekly goals. The timing of this is rather perfect, since Harper (my daughter for the new readers) turns four at the end of May. That’s a whole other thing to deal with. I turn 30 and my daughter turns 4 this spring. Ahhhhhh! Life is moving way too fast, folks.
I’m really thankful for this re-focusing with the support of a group. It’ll help keep me on track during (what could me) a small mid-life crises for me, with this whole turning 30 biznaz. ;)
The 8 Week Goals
– Get under 265. This 265-280 range has been haunting me for months (like a year, guys). Gotta break through! I don’t think this is super unrealistic. At my last weigh-in on Saturday (I weigh weekly) I was 274, so that’s 10 lbs to lose over two months. That’s a pretty intense goal for my body, but I think I can do it.
- Start and stay committed to Couch to 5k training. Today marks Day One and I’m PUMPED! Okay, maybe not super pumped, but I not-so-secretly am planning to run the Fitbloggin 5k. I want to run the whole thing without stopping. So, it’s time.
- Develop and stay committed to a more structured day-to-day schedule. I have been all over the place, due to my work-life ramping up and just being stuck in a bad (winter induced) bad mood. Being so disorganized (and let’s face it, a bit lazy) has been a huge strain on my mental health. Spring cleaning and specific scheduling is in my immediate future. Buckle up!
Week One Goals
- Achieve a clean inbox every night (every email returned + archived).
- Complete 5 cardio sessions
- Drink 120 oz water every day
I’ve been doing great this week! Getting my emails sorted every night has made a huge difference in my stress levels. It takes me about an hour each night, which really isn’t that big of a deal – compared to how crappy I feel when they start piling up. Water has been rough, but I’ve been hitting my goal every day, even if it means I have to chug 60 oz right before bed.
The one area I’m slacking a bit is cardio, mostly because my group classes were cancelled this week because of spring break. That will all change today when I start my Couch to 5k running!
Bring it on spring! I’m ready for rainy days, warm breezes, a better attitude…
… and I suppose I’m slowly getting ready to embrace a new decade of this crazy life.
What about you? Spring fever in full force? What are your goals for Spring?