Woah, it’s December. I think I start pretty much every blog post this way. Apparently the closer I get to 30, the less I understand the passing of time. ;)
November Goals (recap)
(click on picture to be taken to the November post, if you’d like more information on these goals)
November was a GREAT month for me! :D
Although I didn’t blog much (gotta work on a schedule, grr!), lots of happy and healthy actions were going down. Overall, which I’ll explain later, I lost 6.8 lbs this month! Granted, a lot of that was water weight, but when I stepped on the scale prior to the Advocare Cleanse on the 6th of November, I was not a happy-camper to see the 280s pop back into my life. It’s amazing how much I can fluctuate due to being a carb-monster.
So, did I complete all my goals? Kinda-sorta…
1. Jillian’s 30 Day Shred - I did start this, but to be honest, I just wasn’t feeling it. The thought of being shackled to any DVD right now makes me feel a little stressed. Usually I LOVE me some 30-day challenges, but I’m so over it right now. I want lots of variety and creativity in my workouts. I keep repeating my personal mantra It doesn’t have to be complicated to get the job done. That’s my new theme in life. :) Even though I didn’t hit this goal, I still worked out regularly in Nov – lots of walking and cardio dancing!
2. Stay Connected - Yes and YES! I had a crafting get-together, a girl’s night out (sushi and drinks!), took part in a few secret santa exchanges, and wrote some hand-written letters (thanks to the Elf for Health challenge). I haven’t felt that need to crawl into bed and hibernate this year, and I’m beyond happy about hitting this goal!
3. Clean and Cleanse - YES! I absolutely fell in love with the Advocare Cleanse. It did exactly what I wanted to – took away the bloat and fluff, and it helped me stay healthy over Thanksgiving. It prompted me to start tracking over on My Fitness Pal, just to pay attention to my macro-nutrients. I’m trying my darnedest to keep those processed carbs down!
Progress Picture + Weigh-In Update
Nov 1st: 274 lbs
Nov 6th: 282 lbs <– yes, seriously. Hello water fluctuation
Dec 1st: 275.2 lbs
So, technically I gained 1.2 lbs, but I’m counting this as a loss from the 282 bloat. Let me have my victory. ;)
Note to self – nighttime light is the WORST. But, I still feel like I’ve made some improvements. My back is getting noticeably smaller, and my belly is lifting considerably! And let’s not forget about the booty – I’m on a mission to lift that pancake-butt! ;)I’m not seeing a ton of change from last month to this month, but I honestly think it’s the terrible lighting. I’ve gone down a pant size (now a 20/22!) and feel SO much better than 30 days ago. Double woo!
You can see my month-to-month progress photos and weigh-ins over HERE on my progress page.
1. Complete Day 1-30 of #365DayFitChallenge - You read that right, friends! My girl Ashely from Coffee Cake and Cardio posted an open challenge to anyone that wanted to jump on this craziness. Everyday, for the next year, I will do some kind of extra movement. It’s not about getting a “beast mode” workout in everyday, it’s about just taking even 15 minutes to walk around the block! I don’t know if I’ll be able to make it … but I’ll be posting my progress everyday on Instagram (and the Facebook page). Join in the fun!
2. Pack lunch every work day - okay, so I didn’t do this yesterday (eek!) but I’m really pulling hard for the rest of the month. Even though my workplace has a lot of good choices, they are typically PUMPED full of salt (the company we cater from is on My Fitness Pal, so I unfortunately know all the stats. lol). I always feel better when I bring my lunch and it reflects on my body and energy levels!
3. Enjoy Christmas - I know I’m not the only one that can get super overwhelmed this time of year. It’s easy to get frustrated and stressed. I’m making the effort to do a lot of fun things this year, and I can’t wait! Harper is at the perfect age to really enjoy the season. She’s bouncing off the walls with excitement. :)
What about you – How was your November? Any big goals for December?